Kyle was recently invited on the Big Chew podcast to talk about his world with breathwork. Check it out! Leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Can psychedelic drugs, and breathing techniques that achieve similar states, help heal our individual and collective emotional pain? Can they help us transform our society?
Here’s what we talk about in this episode’s delicious stuffing:
- The Multidisciplinary Assoc. for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) and their sponsored, peer-reviewed research
- How the War on Drugs delayed this research by decades
- Kyle’s “near death” experience and his path; Joe’s path through philosophy, ayahuasca, and breathwork
- Holotropic Breathwork, a non-substance alternative
- Integration—a key to these therapeutic uses of psychedelics
- The likeness of these journeys to mythic ones
- The role of elders
- Are we entering a psychedelic revolution?
- Inventing new “rites of passage” (beyond getting a driver’s license and being able to buy booze.)